Two Levels, Lava Lash, and Soloing Elites
If you can't see the image:
39.1% - Swing
14.1% - WindFury
10.4% - Earth Shock
9.6% - Stormstrike
9.1% - Flametongue
7.3% - Lightning bolt
6.2% - Lava Lash
4.0% - Chain Lightning
Two things jump out at me right away. First, white damage output as a percent of overall damage hasn't changed since BC, it's still around 40%.
Second, Lava Lash even with the LL Glyph is weak. And I mean like Milhouse vs. Nelson weak. Wimpy. Lame. I'm really disappointed. I was hoping for a great showing from Lava Lash since I'm using the glyph and I moved it up in my rotation. Looks like LL is getting a demotion. I'll probably keep the glyph for now. Maybe if I go Static Shock at some point I'll swap it out for the LB glyph.
I'm loving leveling. I'm soloing 2 and 3 person quests, soloing 72 elites, and having a great time with the new content (and listening to the new music, too).
If you're not soloing elites or struggling with the 2-3 person quests here's what you do:
- Make sure your health & mana is topped off and wait for your CD's come back up on Shammy Rage, Feral Spirit, and Heroism/Bloodlust.
- Set up shop, i.e., get your totems down in a safe spot. I'm using WF, SoE, Mana Spring, and FT totems.
- Pull with a LB and let the mob come to you where you can safely solo it without patrols.
- Pop Heroism and Feral Spirit as soon as the elite is in range. The dogs will keep you healed as they do damage and will aliviate the need to continuosly heal yourself.
- Save your MW procs for HWs. Don't worry about the instant LB's and don't bother with Lesser Healing Wave, go for the biggie and use it at 50% health or less. In this case use MW4 or MW5, don't worry about optimizing dps as you're soloing an elite, worry about staying alive!
- If the wolves die before the mob is dead then pop Shammy Rage. Save that until the very end for the damage reduction.
- Keep a health pot handy for close calls