I respec'd to 0/61/0
for some PvP action. In retrospect I should have taken 2 points in Earthen Power
instead of Improved WF totem
. I also didn't change my glyphs to match the Static Shock build, but I'll do that today (after RL stuff). We are raiding SSC or TK tonight as a guild PUG, and my ZA run is scheduled for just before that so I will have some results of my output in both PvE and PvP.
But as for PvP last night all I can say is... WOW. It's like gaming in fast-forward. The speed of the action is twice as fast as pre-patch. We have all the buffs and hard-hitting abilities without the stam increases that will be coming in WotLK. So it's bambambamdead. Of course you all probably know this already, but last night was my first PvP action since August when I needed to take a break from all the filthy rogues out there.
Here's how I fared against different classes:Druid
- didn't get to square off with any droods last night. I recall getting smacked with Starfall
and thinking OMG I can't get away from these damn things! But other than that no interaction.Hunter
- Still a struggle. This is where I needed Earthen Power to break the wingclips.Mage
- Actually found mages easier to kill post-patch. Seems they didn't get any crazy new tricks.Paladin
- hmm. Yes they got killer buffs, and yes the long duration stun sucks, but considering that they were always hard to take down for me before I didn't find them that
much worse. Grounding Totem
, Medallion of the Alliance
, and MW5 HW are life savers. I always struggled against Pally's because of the combination of high armor and healing ability (prot Pallys were a waste of time for me pre-patch). Now if I have grounding totem up that'll eat up the hammer, a quick switch to shield for more armor, and Medallion for the next stun. What was pleasing was that I was able to rip apart the poorly-geared Pallys despite their stuns.Priest
- Disc priests still take a loooong time to kill, which post-patch means like 10 seconds. But I would say they are easier to take down now because the insane boosts to damage outpaced the buffs given to heals.Rogue
- still filthy. I both love and hate rogues. OK, I don't love them, but I can appreciate a well played rogue who uses all of their dirty filthy cheap tricks. The jury is still out for me as to whether or not rogues are easier, harder, or the same. Right now I'm leaning to easier/same. My damage is just as bursty as yours filthy rogue! But I get ARMOR!Shaman
- Elemental shaman... as long as I can get in before getting smacked in the face with a Chain Lightning crit then they're toast. But on more than one occassion I went in at full health and by the time I closed that 30-40 yard gap (in Ghost Wolf no less) I was at 50% health. I know they didn't get buffed as well as other classes but that initial hurt is NASTY. Once I'm in and above 50% health... pffft. ES that next cast and /wave /goodbye.Warlock
- Ouch. Warlocks got nasty. I used to be able to take down locks on a consistent basis--it was all about totem management and timing heals against dots. Now those dots bring the pain faster and harder. I found myself having to choose between dpsing them or healing myself. And when you get to that point you have to ask yourself, is this worth it? Of course with a healer behind me these guys are just another bloodstain on my fist weapons.Warrior
sucks. I thought I'd take advantage of that "cannot be stopped unless killed
" part... yeah, not so much. Word of advice: when you see a Warrior doing the whirling dervish - run away bravely.
Things that are awesome:
- Spirit Wolves - I love my wolves
- Spirit Walk - I love my wolves even more
- MW5 HW - thought you had me didn't you filthy rogue?! HA! Insta-heal!
- Windfury Crits - of course :D
I know not much about Static Shock in here. Jury's still out until I can look at some numbers post-raids tonight.
Labels: analysis, PvP, rogue, specs